If you are in danger and need urgent assistance call 000.
To achieve safe and independent lives for women and children – free from violence and abuse.
We work from a feminist perspective and framework and uphold the belief that structural inequalities in society greatly disadvantage and affect the opportunity’s and experience of women. We believe that women’s experiences are shaped and directed by social and political influences that intersect with personal spheres.
• We believe that gender inequality results in power differentials and can result in violence in interpersonal relationships.
• We believe that sexual assault and domestic violence are gendered crimes and a product of patriarchy.
SOCIAL JUSTICE and HUMAN RIGHTS BASED
We provide services that are based on principles of social justice namely – equity, equality, access and participation.
• We believe that every person has the right to an adequate standard of living, which includes the right to adequate housing.
• We believe that everyone has the right to live free from violence and abuse and that domestic violence is a violation of human rights.
• We believe that violence against women and children is neither justifiable nor acceptable and that perpetrators of domestic violence must take responsibility for their actions.
alongside them to achieve their goals. We support and advocate relentlessly no matter how many hurdles faced.
age, abilities or sexual preference.
Access and Equity