To achieve safe and independent lives for women and children – free from violence and abuse.
We work from a feminist perspective and framework and uphold the belief that structural inequalities in society greatly disadvantage and affect the opportunity’s and experience of women. We believe that women’s experiences are shaped and directed by social and political influences that intersect with personal spheres.
• We believe that gender inequality results in power differentials and can result in violence in interpersonal relationships.
• We believe that sexual assault and domestic violence are gendered crimes and a product of patriarchy.
SOCIAL JUSTICE and HUMAN RIGHTS BASED
We provide services that are based on principles of social justice namely – equity, equality, access and participation.
• We believe that every person has the right to an adequate standard of living, which includes the right to adequate housing.
• We believe that everyone has the right to live free from violence and abuse and that domestic violence is a violation of human rights.
• We believe that violence against women and children is neither justifiable nor acceptable and that perpetrators of domestic violence must take responsibility for their actions.
Our core values emerge from an understanding of feminist, human rights and social justice frameworks. Our Core values are demonstrated in all areas of organisational policy, practice and service provision.
That violence is a fundamental violation of human rights and unacceptable in any form.
The safety of women and children is of paramount consideration in any response.
Children need to be protected from harm; to have their rights protected; and to have their opportunities for development promoted.
We work with women to build on their strengths and enhance their capacity to make informed decisions and exercise their right to self-determination. We work in a way that fosters hope and optimism and builds resilience.
We are committed to reaching out to women to help them through crisis and to work alongside them to achieve their goals. We support and advocate relentlessly no matter how many hurdles faced.
We will treat everyone with dignity, respect and sensitivity.
Disadvantage and violence is experienced by women regardless of class, ethnicity, religion, age, abilities or sexual preference. The experiences of women are distinct and unique.
We will protect confidentiality wherever possible and create an environment of respect and privacy.
Access and Equity
That we will respond to women and children and provide accessible support in a fair and equitable manner.
We are committed to improving service responses through greater coordination and integration.
We seek to be a sustainable and viable Organisation accountable to clients, funders and the community.